This class introduces you and your baby to the world of proper food. When to start? What to give your baby, and at which feeds? These questions and many more will be answered in a session which is part theory, part demonstration and part practical as you make your own first fresh baby foods!
A pack of notes will be given to you to accompany the session, and to take away with you-so no need to take notes.
The session follows a traditional approach to weaning. Starting off with easy to digest, pureed foods, introducing finger foods and moving on to mashed up versions of family meals.
The session covers
- When is the right time to introduce your baby to solid foods?
- How to tell when YOUR baby is ready
- The Three Stages of Weaning – explained.
- Which foods to introduce first
- How to menu plan for your baby
- How to prepare and cook baby’s first foods
- How to store and heat foods safely
- What do I need to buy?-looking at equipment
- Shop bought foods, convenience foods and snacks
- Drinking from a cup